International Women's Day is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity. Significant activity is witnessed worldwide as groups come together to celebrate women's achievements or rally for women's equality.
Marked annually on March 8th, International Women's Day (IWD) is one of the most important days of the year to:
- celebrate women's achievements
- raise awareness about women's equality
- lobby for accelerated gender parity
- fundraise for female-focused charities
IWD 2022 campaign theme: #BreakTheBias
The SU will be holding a coffee morning on Tuesday 8 March in the Reception of University Centre.
We will be asking for donations in association with Women's Aid which can be donated in the yellow bins in reception - alternatively, you can bring any donations in a shoebox.
FCWA has created a simple list, so you know what items you can donate
- New women’s toiletries including body wash, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, hair brush and Sanitary protection
- New underwear for women & children
- High-street/supermarket shopping vouchers
- New single bed linen – duvets, pillows, duvet sets
- New hand & bath towels
- New cot linen
- Cleaning products
Thank you to everyone who attended our event!
We were joined with the Beauty department from Bispham Campus who were offering free hand massages, nail filing and nail colouring. The SU would like to thank everyone who attended the event and HE VP of LML Cheryl Flannigan for organising a fantastic event.
Thank you to all those who have donated so far, we are still accepting donations until March 31 for Fylde Coast Women's Aid in the yellow bins across campuses. You can find out more information about the work they do here: https://www.fcwa.co.uk/