At Blackpool and The Fylde College, we treat the privacy of your data with the utmost respect and follow strict procedures as to its collection, use and retention.
We reserve the right to amend this privacy statement. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.
Data collection - what information do we ask for?
We only ask for as much information needed to fulfil the nature of your enquiry or application. This might include the following:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
The College also receives and records information on server logs from your browser, including your IP address and the page(s) you requested, but this information cannot identify you personally.
Data use - what do we do with your personal information?
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- For administration purposes
- To provide you with the services, products or information you’ve requested
- In carrying out the above, sharing your information with our service providers, associated organisations and agents
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
- Disclosing your information to other parties, if required by law
Your consent - what you're agreeing to
Where we ask for consent to collect or use personal data, the data subject can withdraw that consent at any time. Students, employees, applicants and others can ask us to delete some or all of those data items or stop us from using it for certain purposes. This is done by completing a withdrawal of consent form and sending it to the email@example.com data protection office or by calling us on 01253 504064.
If you have any questions or concerns about the collection, use or sharing of your personal data, please contact the college Data Protection Officer on 01253 504064 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unhappy with the response, you can escalate your complaint by contacting the Information Commissioner at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or on 0303 123 1113.
Your right of access - what you're entitled to see
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018 and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email email@example.com.
If you complete one of our forms, we will only use the information for the purpose for which you provide it. We will not use the personal information you give us for marketing purposes without asking you.
If you discover any information on our website pages that you believe to be inaccurate or inappropriate, or would like further information about these statements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org