New Month New You!
It's a good time to make some small changes to improve your physical and mental wellbeing. Take a look at the self-help tips below brought to you by the Student Support and Wellbeing team:
Creating Healthy habits: ‘Self Care’ looking after your wellbeing
Self-care is essential as it helps us to refuel. Making time in your day for small acts of self-care can have a significant positive impact, including uplift your mood, feeling less anxious or more confident – which will benefit your life and studies at B&FC.
Self Help - 10 ways to ‘self care’
1. Watch this video on Small Ways to Practice Self-Care in Difficult Times
2. Check out NHS resources on self-care
3. Staying well at B&FC for self-help resources visit B&FC’s Student Life.
4. Look after your mental health - Get your Mind Plan, visit the Every Mind Matters website.
5. Take this NHS quiz along with personalised advice and easy tips for healthier living.
6. Watch this video for 6 quick NHS tips on how to on how to stay well this winter.
7. Read these BBC tips on how to be happier while studying from home. Be study ready by having a clean, tidy and organised space helps de-clutter your mind too.
8. Download the friendly February calendar to help you get the month off to a positive start.
10. Don’t forget to check out B&FC’s Students’ Union take part or make your voice heard.
B&FC 'Nourish to Flourish' week is here 1 – 5th February 2021.
We have brought together key partners in the College and NHS to offer a support package for students that promotes wellness during mental health week. The ‘nourish to flourish week’ has sessions that focus on mental wealth, physical health and staying engaged in your studies. Sign up to a range of activities on the B&FC Student Union page.
Do you know how to get wellbeing support?
Visit B&FCs Wellbeing page and click on the Big Green Button for student wellbeing referrals when you need help to keep mentally well.
Students up to 25 years can access the NHS Primary Mental Health Care Drop in every Monday afternoon 1 – 3pm and Youth Therapy Drop in every Wednesday afternoon 3- 5 pm for emotional mental health and wellbeing face to face, telephone or video calls support. To find out more call 0800121 7762 option 3.
Student Focus Group
We are looking for students to join a student focus group to help shape and develop B&FC student wellbeing provision. Interested, then please contact June Farebrother (Student Support and Wellbeing Manager) email@example.com